How can events be held safely and profitably in times of Covid-19? What is the European orientation of the sustainable events industry in the future? What are the implications of the current Brexit regulations for the event industry? And how are leading educational institutions addressing the evolving expectations of students and businesses? These and other questions will be addressed by industry experts at the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge in prominent round tables followed by Q&A sessions. In addition, representatives of theatre technology societies will speak about the new Ecodesign Directive and its consequences for the use of lighting solutions at events. Also part of the programme is the presentation of two renowned industry awards, "Opus - German Stage Award" and "Sinus - Systems Integration Award".
"The international event industry stands united. It has used the long phase of lockdown to proactively develop concepts for the resumption of event operations and, even in times of crisis, has maintained undiminished its commitment to technological innovation, sustainability and an outstanding level of training. This is the signal we would like to send out to the world at Prolight + Sound BIZLounge. We are proud of the high-quality programme we have prepared together with our partners and we invite all industry players to take part via live stream and join the discussion", says Mira Wölfel, Director Prolight + Sound.
The Prolight + Sound BIZLounge is aimed at suppliers and users of technological solutions, event managers in companies and agencies, as well as students and trainees in the event industry. Registration is free of charge at www.prolight-sound.com/BIZLounge.
Programme and speakers of the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge at a glance:
10:00 Restart: Current Prospects for the Event Industry
- Marten Pauls, Infection Protection and Hygiene Commissioner, BDKV – Federal Association of the Concert and Event Industry
- Timo Feuerbach, Managing Director, EVVC – European Association of Event Centres
- Merten Wagnitz, Treasurer, i.s.d.v. – Community of Interest for Self-Employed Service Providers in the Event Industry
- Betty Heywood, Director of International Affairs, NAMM – National Association of Music Merchants
- Sven Hansen, 1. Vice Chairman, BVVS – Federal Association for Event Safety
- Eric Kant, Owner of Phase 01 Crowd Management
11:00 Brexit: What to know, what to do
- Randell Greenlee: Director Policy and International Relations, VPLT – The German Entertainment Technology Association
- Anita Debaere, Director, PEARLE – Live Performance Europe
- Peter Heath, Managing Director, PLASA – The Professional Lighting and Sound Association
12:00 What is the European orientation of the sustainable events industry?
- Dr. Markus Große Ophoff, Member of the Executive Board, EVVC
- Further participants tba
13:00 European Legislation: the Event Industry and the Future of Lighting
- Christian Allabauer, Member of the Executive Board, OETHG – Austrian Theatre Technical Society
- Hans-Joachim Rau, Member of the Executive Board, DTHG – German Theatre Technical Society
14:00 No Future? Academic Education in Uncertain Times.
- Prof. Thomas Sakschewski, Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Roland Greule, HAW - Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Arno Gramatke, TH Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences, Giessen
- Randell Greenlee, VPLT
15:00 Award Ceremony Opus/Sinus
- Winning project „Opus – German Stage Award“: Rigoletto, Seebühne Bregenz
- Winning project „Sinus – Systems Integration Awards“: Osram World of Lights
The next Prolight + Sound will open its doors from 26 to 29 April 2022. All information is available at www.prolight-sound.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Messe Frankfurt Group employs around 2,500* people in a total of 30 subsidiaries. The company generated annual sales of approximately €250* million in 2020, following sales of €738 million in 2019. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2020